It's no secret that I love green food. Many of my recipes are green (like these and these). Why green? I am usually adding spinach for extra nutrition (keep in mind, I never hide the spinach or trick my daughters. But it's there) With St. Patrick's Day upon us, I decided to try my hand at something green and a little more savory: a green tofu burger. And you know I love a recipe that's easy to prepare in a blender with no extra dirty dishes. Perfect timing, as we are a few months into our feeding journey with my 9 month old, and these are perfect for little hands. We paired this with cooked barley and more green - green beans!
Tofu Spinach Burger
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cups spinach, steamed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until mixed well
- On a greased baking sheet (or using parchment paper), form tofu into patties, about 2 inches in diameter, using your hands.
- Bake 12 minutes or until cooked through