This was a fun recipe to make and the final product felt biscuit like. I added peanut butter for: healthy fats and a good ways to introduce this common allergen to my daughter.
1/2 cup cooked amaranth
1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees fairenheight
- Mix butter into cooked amaranth. If the amaranth is hot, the solid butter will mix in fine, if not, melt butter first
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spoon small balls onto the baking sheet, about 3-4 inches apart
- Using another piece of parchment paper, flatten each ball of the amaranth mix, until it's about 1/8 of an inch thick
- Bake for 20 minutes
The final product should be fluffy and a bit crispy. If you make these ahead of time, they will be a bit more soft the next day (still delicious but just FYI)