Muffin, cookie, pancake, waffle...pretty much the same but cooked in a different way, right? Yet for some reason, most kids hear cookies and get excited. Sometimes, it's all about the wording and presentation when offering a new food. So, let's start a movement to make cookies more nutritious - who's with me?
And now for the recipe...I made these peanut butter carrot cookies and my two year old loved them. They tasted great and were nutritious.
- 1/4 cup peanut, almond or your favorite nut butter
- 1.5-2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut, honey, agave or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour, teff flour or your favorite flour
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 large carrots
1. Preheat oven to 375 and well grease a cookie sheet or place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
2. Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and mix well.
3. Spoon batter onto cookie sheet, using about 1-1.5 tbsp per cookie.
4. Bake about 12-14 minutes or until cooked through and enjoy!