Two for one: Zucchini Oat Muffins and Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This recipe makes two delicious and nutritious snacks, and is so easy. I made everything in the blender (easy cleanup!) and used half the batter for the zucchini muffins, added some unsweetened cocoa powder and the rest of the batter was transformed into chocolate zucchini bread. The added hemp seeds and teff give this recipe an awesome nutritional boost.
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
2 ripe bananas
½ cup apple sauce, unsweetened
2 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup teff
After muffins are added to muffin tins add ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to remaining batter
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
3. Using a mini muffin tin coated with non-stick spray, add a heaping table spoon of batter into the each muffin cup
4. Add unsweetened cocoa powder to the remainder of the batter and blend or stir until smooth
5. Spray an 8 x 4 in bread pan with non stick spray and add the remainder of the batter
6. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until fork is inserted and comes out clean.
Enjoy immediately, store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or they last in the freezer for about 2 months!